SpoutOff Gutter Outlet Installation Instructions
The SpoutOff with a 5” K gutter and 3×4 downspout using an
A-Elbow, B-Elbow or into an Underground (UG) Pipe
B-Elbow Kits = Template, Spout, Off, SpoutSecure, B-Base
UG Pipe Kits = Template, Spout, Off, SpoutSecure, SpoutStop
- If you do not presently have a 3×4 downspout you will need to upgrade to a 3×4 downspout.
- If you are retrofitting or installing with a 6″K gutter you will need to bend the front lip on the Spout down to a 90 degree angle prior to installing the Spout onto the 6″K gutter.
Gutter Outlet Installation Instructions:
1. Remove present outlet. (If new gutter go to Step 2.)
2. Place Template in gutter with hole centered where you want center of outlet. Hold Template securely and draw X lines in Template. Cut gutter along X lines. DO NOT CUT PAST END OF X LINES.
3. Bend all 4 tabs down to a 90 degree angle.
4. Slide back of Spout up behind back of gutter ensuring all 4 tabs are inside Spout.
5. Holding Spout tightly up against bottom of gutter, install two screws through back of gutter, through back of Spout, into fascia board.
6. Holding Spout tightly up against bottom of gutter, install two Zip screws through front flange on Spout into front of gutter. The Spout gutter outlet installation is complete. All work up at gutter is done.
7. Install Off into top of 3×4 downspout using 1 Zip screw on each side.
8. Measure and cut downspout to its bottom elbow. Hold downspout on house. Place Base (for A Elbow) or B-Base (for B Elbow) under bottom elbow and mark house. Install proper Base.
9. Install SpoutSecure 6 inches to 4 feet above Base. Replace downspout and install Stainless Steel Eyebolt with Stainless Steel Wing Nut in SpoutSecure to secure downspout.
10. If using B-Elbow, install The SpoutSecure 6 inches to 4 feet above B-Base.
11. Place downspout up on house and install Stainless Steel Eyebolt with Stainless Steel Wing Nut in SpoutSecure to secure downspout.
12. If installing into an Underground Pipe, install the SpoutStop (3” or 4”) into your underground pipe. Downspout will rest on Thru-Bolt.
13. Measure downspout so it is snug from gutter to Thru-Bolt but able to be lifted out. Place downspout up on house so downspout is secure at its top and sitting on Thru-Bolt in SpoutStop.
14. Install a SpoutSecure anywhere up to 4 feet up from SpoutStop.
Designed for 2-story and higher downspouts. Installed about 1/3 down from rain gutter, the WindBreaker ensures secure horizontal stabilization of the downspout.
Especially useful for homes using Rain Barrels or Underground Pipes. The SpoutScreen keeps most debris from moving down the downspout into Rain Barrels or Underground Pipes. Please know that when SpoutScreens are used, debris will collect in the OFF. But with the easily removable SpoutOff downspout, checking and cleaning your SpoutScreen is fast and safe.
Especially useful on indented and irregular surfaces such as stone, round pillars, etc. The SpoutOff SpoutShim creates a strong, flat surface for installation of SpoutOff components on irregular surfaces.
We strongly encourage the use of 3×4 downspouts with The SpoutOff to create the best water flow out of gutters, down downspouts and away from your home. However, there are circumstances where a 2×3 downspout is needed or a 3×4 downspout must be reduced into a smaller pipe, through a deck, etc. So The SpoutOff Reducer 2×3 is very useful in these situations.