5 Top Reasons to Choose The SpoutOff for Your Rain Gutter
In our fast-paced, high stress society, we are always looking for ways to streamline our days and cut out all the unnecessary chores in our lives. The most economical way to make cleaning out the rain gutters less of a chore is to install The SpoutOff on your rain gutters.
TheSpoutoff outlets are designed with a larger opening allowing for water to still run down even if other parts of the gutter are clogged. The SpoutOff can be retrofitted to your current gutter system or it can be added to a new one, depending upon your needs.
Here are 5 top reasons to choose The SpoutOff for your rain gutter:
Makes Gutter Cleaning Easy
Cleaning out your rain gutters from all the leaves, sticks and other debris that gets stuck in them isn’t as much of a chore when you have The SpoutOff. These outlets are a lot easier to clean and they don’t get as much debris so you won’t need to check on them as much. Because of the larger openings in the gutter outlets, the water will still be able to keep moving.
No Ladder Needed
In addition, with TheSpoutOff, a fear of heights or balance concerns will no longer keep you from properly taking care of your home. The removable downspout clip allows you to check on the outlets without having to climb a ladder. Now you have no excuse for putting off this chore.
Cheaper Than a Professional Cleaner
If getting up on a ladder and balancing yourself while you try to clean the debris out of your gutter is not safe for you, before your only other option was to hire a professional gutter cleaner to come out and take care of it for you. With The SpoutOff you won’t have to anymore though.
You Can Easily Install It Yourself
The instructions are relatively easy to follow so it is something you can easily install yourself, but any local gutter company can do it for you as well.
No Special Tools Needed
Once The SpoutOff is installed, you won’t need to buy any special tools to use to clean the gutters. A once dreaded chore can become so easy. If the weather is calling for a bad storm and you are worried about your gutters now it will be so easy to check on them. It will only take a few minutes and you can do it safely from the ground.
Here are some other fast facts about The SpoutOff:
- As long as The SpoutOff outlets are free from debris, your gutter system will work properly even if other parts of the system are clogged.
- The SpoutOff comes with a large outlet and removable downspout clip that can either be installed with new gutters or retrofitted to the gutter system you already have.
- The SpoutOff can be installed onto 5 inch and 6 inch K-Style gutters with either 2 inch x 3 inch or 3 inch x 4 inch downspouts, but 3 x 4 downspouts are recommended.
- The SpoutOff components are designed to work with most downspout configurations including A Elbow, B Elbow and Underground Pipes.
- You can even install it into an underground pipe.
- The SpoutOff components are powder coated aluminum so you can easily paint them or have a professional painting company do it for you.
- You can still use covers and shields on your gutters even with The SpoutOff.
The Quality of Your Gutter System Counts Too.
Besides The SpoutOff, the type of gutters you have installed matters too. If they are not durable enough or not installed properly, the whole system will be more prone to damage and leaks.
Here are the top two types of gutters:
Vinyl gutters have become one of the most popular choices for gutter systems. Their benefits include the ease of installation and the fact that you never have to worry about them rusting. They are also a more economical choice. Because the pieces are lightweight and easily snap together installation is also a lot easier making it easier for those homeowners who want to do the installation themselves.
Aluminum gutters are another popular type of gutter. These like the vinyl ones are lightweight and rust-proof and if you are a DIYer, it won’t give you any particular headaches during the installation process. Other pluses with this type of gutters is that it, unlike vinyl, can withstand cold climates and can be painted whatever color will look best with the outside of your house. They also come in seamless models.
Whether you are installing the gutter system yourself or having someone do it for you, remember to avoid these mistakes:
- Avoid choosing the wrong size gutter. Because your gutters need to be able to be large enough to drain away all the rain from your home, finding the right size is crucial. If you go too small, the gutters will only get overloaded in heavy downfalls leading to a lot of water damage to your home.
- Avoid hanging the gutter hangers too far apart. The gutter hangers are the way you mount the gutter system to your home so they need to be spaced properly. If you leave too much space between the hangers, the rain gutters will actually sage causing the water to pool instead of flowing through. If this keeps happening and you have a lot of water pooling in different sections of the gutter system, the extra pressure is going to make the system separate from your home. The rule of thumb is to place the gutter hangers about every three feet or so, unless where you live there is a lot of snow and ice, then every 2 feet is better.
- Don’t ignore the pitch of the rain gutters. The angle at which your rain gutters are hung is an important detail when it comes to a successful installation. Both too much of an angle and not enough of an angle can affect the speed at which the water flows through the system. In this case, moderation is best. Experts recommend that you allow for a ¼ inch slope towards the downspouts for every 10 feet of gutter. The most important thing to remember is that the gutters should never be level.
- Don’t forget the downspouts. How you place the downspouts and how many of them you install is also important. Not having enough downspouts will lead to standing water and overloading of the system during heavy rains. And when they are not placed properly you open yourself to erosion around the area, structural damage and even insect infestation, all of which can end up being pricey to fix.
Want to learn more about how TheSpoutOff can make your seasonal outdoor chores a lot easier? Contact TheSpoutOff today to learn how it can take the hassle out of cleaning your gutters.