5 Top Rain Gutter Products in 2018 to Make Chores Easier
Having to clean the gutters a couple of times a year is a chore that most homeowners dread. But it is important to do because otherwise you will end up with a lot of damage to your home. Don’t worry though there are a lot of products out now that can help make this chore easier.
Here are the 5 top rain gutter products in 2018 to make shores easier:
1. Gutter Screens
There a lot of different types and brands of gutter screens on the market that can help make gutter cleaning easier. Plastic drop-in screens are very easy to installs. They do a good job of keeping out leaves, but you need to be careful because smaller debris like seeds and pine needles can still get into the gutters. Another plus is they can work with a variety of different roofing materials.
2. Surface-tension Guards
With these types of gutter covers, the water clings to the rounded nose of the guard and then flows into the gutter. The leaves and other debris however just falls over the edge. For these guards to work best they need to be installed so the slop of the guard matches the slope of the roof. Keep in mind that these guards are more visible than other options.
3. Fine Mesh Gutter Guard
Fine mesh gutter guards are better at catching seeds and needle, but some small particles can still get through. These gutter guards are very easy to clean with a brush or warm air. To install all you have to do is install them under the shingles or bend up the back and fastened it to the fascia. Be careful about the type of material the guards are made of. Surgical stainless steel will last the longest for you.
4. Leaf Catcher
The leaf catcher is different from screens and guards which keep the debris up at roof level. With the leaf catcher, the debris comes down the downpipe and is caught closer to the ground. You need to use it with 2 ¾ flush mount outlets or K-Funnel outlets. Simply install to your existing downpipes and you will have minimal upkeep. The debris caught in the catcher is easy to remove with your hand. No ladder needed.
5. The SpoutOff
Another product that can make maintaining your gutter system easier is TheSpoutOff. It is especially helpful if you have small rain gutter outlets because TheSpoutoff outlets are designed with a larger opening allowing for water to still run down even if other parts of the gutter are clogged. Another great plus is that these outlets are easy to keep clean through the removable downspout that allows you to check on the outlets without having to climb a ladder.
With TheSpoutOff, a fear of heights or balance concerns will no longer keep you from properly taking care of your home and it is a lot cheaper than hiring a professional cleaner to come regularly to clear out all the debris.
TheSpoutoff outlets are designed with a larger opening allowing for water to still run down even if other parts of the gutter are clogged. The SpoutOff can be retrofitted to your current gutter system or it can be added to a new one, depending upon your needs.
Here are some ways gutter cleaning is made easier with The SpoutOff:
- These outlets are a lot easier to clean and they don’t get as much debris so you won’t need to check on them as much. Because of the larger openings in the gutter outlets, the water will still be able to keep moving.
- Cheaper than a professional cleaner. If getting up on a ladder and balancing yourself while you try to clean the debris out of your gutter is not safe for you, before your only other option was to hire a professional gutter cleaner to come out and take care of it for you. With The SpoutOff you won’t have to anymore though.
- You can easily install it yourself. The instructions are relatively easy to follow so it is something you can easily install yourself, but any local gutter company can do it for you as well.
- No special tools needed. Once The SpoutOff is installed, you won’t need to buy any special tools to use to clean the gutters. A once dreaded chore can become so easy. If the weather is calling for a bad storm and you are worried about your gutters now it will be so easy to check on them. It will only take a few minutes and you can do it safely from the ground.
Other fast facts about The SpoutOff include:
- As long as The SpoutOff outlets are free from debris, your gutter system will work properly even if other parts of the system are clogged. This will mean a lot less maintenance and stress on your part.
- The SpoutOff comes with a large outlet and removable downspout clip that can either be installed with new gutters or retrofitted to the gutter system you already have.
- The SpoutOff can be installed onto 5 inch and 6 inch K-Style gutters with either 2 inch x 3 inch or 3 inch x 4 inch downspouts, but 3 x 4 downspouts are recommended.
- The SpoutOff components are designed to work with most downspout configurations including A Elbow, B Elbow and Underground Pipes.You can even install it into an underground pipe.
- The SpoutOff components are powder coated aluminum so you can easily paint them or have a professional painting company do it for you. They can easily blend in with everything else. You don’t want them stand out in an unseemly way.
- You can still use covers and shields on your gutters even with The SpoutOff.
Want to learn more about how TheSpoutOff can make your seasonal outdoor chores a lot easier? Contact TheSpoutOff today to learn how it can take the hassle out of cleaning your gutters.